From Grandpa With Love
A Collection of Later-in-Life Writings
Over the past forty years, God has graciously allowed me to reach conclusions about some of the issues of life, and then pass them on through booklets and other writings. Many of these are consolidated in a five volume series covering Four Generations, Faith, Marriage, Vocation and Passing It On, available in print and electronically from Amazon.com and bookstores under my name, Marvin J. Martin.
One-Liners That Changed My Life!
Last year I also began publishing a series of One-Liners That Changed My Life via email at email@example.com. They are provided twice each month to family and friends, and sent to others upon request. For convenience they are being stored here as they are published. We are now beginning Part II; titles for the others will be made available as they are published.
Going My Way
A Time To Be Born‚ And Grow Up Age 0-16
- Swim with the current!
- Who will take the pledge?
- Save some, spend some, give some.
- The Old Rugged Cross
- Never come between a mother bear and her cubs.
- Never work for anyone else.
A Time for War‚ and Peace Age 16-20
- Let me tell you how I learned to fly!
- You are a Navigator
- The point of no return!
- Yes Sir! No Sir! No excuse Sir!
- The War is Finally Over, Thank God!
- I saw you in the nose of the plane.
- It must be of the spirit if we are to save the flesh.
A Time to Choose‚ A Wife and Life Work Age 20-25
- All I can tell you, Son, the book is wrong!
- I want you to be the father of my children.
- I Do!
- You can’t memorize all this!
- Is it ethical?
A Time to Begin‚ A Family and Law Practice Age 25-30
A Time to Make a Name‚ And Seek God Age 30-45
- Who do you do business with– your enemies?
- We earn a reputation; we buy advertising
- But what will we do if we have a problem?
- Let’s pray
- Go learn about labor law.
- This I Believe
- First, let’s determine the problem.
- The Rotary Four Way Test
- Watch out for the back side of the sword.
- Bomb shatters interior of Attorney’s Offices.
- She asked three times and no one heard her.
- Simplify! Simplify! Simplify!
- Middle Age A Normal Crisis
- Somebody has to be second
- The secret of the will.
- Lord, I commit all of myself to you that I am able; and I accept Jesus as your divine Son
Going God’s Way
A Time to Receive‚ And Use God‚ Gifts Age 45-60
- You need to go to Bear Trap Ranch
- I’ve been reading about Christian fellowship, and I’d like to know where I can get some
- You sure have pretty shoes.
- We have time! Isn’t that wonderful? We have time!
- And if I perish I perish!
- Before you go speak to the congregation
- Can I have your money
- The Sermon on the Mount
- I want to be filled with the Holy Spirit
- I think you have the gift of mercy
- To Marvin, from Marvin In Love
- What I fed the most grew the most.
- You can put me in my room, but you can’t make me study.
- I think it is time for you to start investing your life in other people.
- Harmony in the Workplace
- Humble yourself under the mighty hand of God!
- Live with a margin.
- This time I don’t even have to pack my bag!
- Stay where you are called.
A Time to Harvest‚ And Pass It On Age 60-70
- Trying to Do Right
- Don’t work too long.
- What is your definition of success?
- How much is enough?
- Complete-Don’t Compete!
- I’m grateful I know when I am going to die.
- Your assignment for the rest of your life
- What is that to you?
- You always were more of a Person than a Lawyer.
- Describe my shoe.
- Turn the world right side up!
- I wike you and I wuv you!
- You were elected now be the President!
- Real people in real places and at real times.
- S O S
- Our Call
- Go to something, not just from something.
- Learn to manage deterioration.
- I’m not your man, Grandpa!
- Why may be the most important question we ask!
A Time to Get Ready‚ And Let Go Age 70-85
Overtime Age 85-On
From time to time, we also include in this website other booklets you may find of interest.
The following are currently available:
From Grandpa With Love
Marvin J. Martin
Note: Information concerning other booklets, including those that have been consolidated and published in a five volume “From Grandpa With Love” series available from Amazon.com and bookstores under my name, Marvin J. Martin.